U.S. TREASURY YIELDS ACROSS the board settled lower following the sale of $40 billion of 2-year notes; the 2-year note sank 4.6 basis points and 10-year note dipped 2.2 basis points. S&P and NASDAQ surged past record highs on Tuesday on upbeat earnings relieving anxiety on a gloomy earnings season. S&P +0.88%, DOW +0.55%, NASDAQ +1.32%
|Key Gainers and Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Molson Coors Brewing Co. 2.25% 3/15/2020
Celgene Corp. 3.875% 8/15/2025
|Industry Returns Tracker|
|New Issues||New Issues [Continued]|
1. Kimberly-Clark Corp. (USD) 3.2% 4/25/2029 (04/23/2019): 700MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.83, Yielding 3.22%.
2. Rogers Communications Inc. (USD) 4.35% 5/1/2049 (04/23/2019):1250MM Senior Unsecured Notes, Price at Issuance 99.667, Yielding 4.37%.
Kimberly-Clark Corp. The most recent data showed money flowed out of high-yield ETFs/mutual funds for the week ended 4/18/19, with a net inflow of $1.1B, year-to-date $14.4B flowed into high-yield.
|Top Widening Credit Default Swaps (CDS)||Top Narrowing Credit Default Swaps (CDS)|
|Weatherford International LTD (5Y Sen USD XR14)
Hertz Corp. (5Y Sen USD CR14)
|SuperValu Inc. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Atmos Energy Corp. (5Y Sen USD MR14)
Deals recently freed for secondary trading, notable secondary activity:
- Prysmian, Project Maple II BV, Trade Me Group LTD, Jane Street, Six Flags Inc.
- TED spread held below 17 bp (basis points), as of 04/23/19
- Net positive capital flows into high-yield ETFs & mutual funds
Copyright 2019 Advantage Data Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.advantagedata.com
Information in this document should not be regarded as an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy bonds or any financial instruments referred to herein. All information provided in this document is believed to be accurate. However, Advantage Data and its sources make no warranties, either express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Opinions in this document are subject to change without notice. Electronic redistribution, photocopying and any other electronic or mechanical reproduction is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Advantage Data Inc.