Italian government has decided to request approval from parliament for a 20 Billion Euro bail-out to stabilize its banking sector. A priority of this capital raise will be to bail-out the world's oldest bank and number three lender, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Sienna (IT: BMPS). In the beginning of December, BMPS, was in the news as it sought out 5 Billion Euros in order to cover debts and to dispose of toxic loans. Prior to the government meeting, BMPS, had formally attempted to raise the needed capital injection from private investors to avoid government intervention. The bank would need to secure the funds from private investors prior to the end of the year to avoid action from the government.
From the leader in fixed income pricing and data comes market analytics and information you need now.
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 529,400+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 14 asset classes from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide