- Week Two of BDC Earnings Season was a wild one, with much volatility, a fair number of surprises and much more.
- The UBS Exchange Traded Note with the ticker BDCS – which we sometimes use as our measuring stick – was up.
- Then down, then up.
- BDCS ended up at $20.83, from $20.70, or 0.6%.
- That’s now 2.8% above the lowest price of the year.
About half of the $1.5 billion in gross commitments Ares Capital made in the third quarter came from new lending relationships. LevFin Insights was able to identify 20 borrowers new to the lender, for $693 million in debt commitments (on a cost basis). LBO financing was identified as the use of proceeds on 11 of the new companies, each of which had a different sponsor.
The quarter’s largest LBO commitment for a new issuer was $96.2 million in first- and second-lien term loans for Genstar Capital to back the buyout of Progressive Datasolutions (PDI). The table below shows the four largest LBO investments for new relationships. Open the download to view all new issuers and corresponding holds, pricing and sponsors.
From the leader in fixed income pricing and data comes market analytics and information you need now.
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 529,400+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 14 asset classes from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide