Abbot Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) saw a series of bond issues downgraded this past week from A2 to Baa3. This rating downgrade follows the aquisition of St Jude Medical Inc. (NYSE:STJ) on January 4th and the concerns that Abbott will struggle with deleveraging in the future. Since the acquisition and downgrade, ADI's CDS screener has shown Abbott Laboratories 5Y Sen USD XR14 CDS (green) drop and then widen to 62 Basis Points. Over the same period, ABT's equity (grey) had been on the rise until a drop yesterday.
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide