Last month we shared a list of the top 10 BDC non-accruals based on first quarter 2018 SEC filings. Now that we are mid-way through August and second quarter filings are readily available, let’s take a fresh look at the first quarter’s worst performer.
We all know that companies in distress tend to have a harder time meeting their financial obligations, which translates to a higher probability that they will default. A company in this position has pretty straightforward options: either raise enough cash through asset sales, operating improvements, and new financing, or reduce or postpone interest and principal payments on the debt by negotiating with creditors.
For restructuring or turnaround experts, identifying distressed companies is the first hurdle to deal sourcing and business development. Using the AdvantageData workstation, we’ve compiled a list of distressed loans that you might want to be aware of.
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide