Mississippi Power Co. (NYSE: MP-D) is under review for a credit downgrade as a result of an ongoing investigation of continued delays and cost overruns for its coal gasification plant in Kemper County. The energy company last experienced a downgrade of its debt in November 2015, which brought its Moody's rating down to near junk status of Baa3. If the review goes poorly for the plant, Mississippi Power Co. will be in danger of crossing over into non-investment grade status.
The Donald Trump victory rally in equities has not correlated to its counterpart in the bond market. With investors feeling positive that the newest Presidential-elect can carry his business success with him to the White House, stocks have edged up significantly in the last month. Vanguard's S&P 500 Index ETF ($VOO) has risen nearly 6%, while junk bond yields have moved marginally.
AdvantageData is your fixed income solution for pricing, analytics, reports, and insight on approximately:
- 500,000+ U.S. and international corporate bonds
- Over 6,200+ CDS reference entities
- Over 22,000+ syndicated loans
- Over 100 equity markets worldwide
- One platform 16 products and services from debt to CDS to loans to mid-market
- Used by top buy and sell-side firms worldwide